Creamy Parsnip and Apple Soup
Member recipe by annikap
- 25g butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 450g parsnip, chopped
- 250g dessert apples (Bramley?), peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1.2l vegetable stock
- 70ml single cream
- Melt the butter in a large pan, then add the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add apples and parsnips for a further 3-4 minutes. Add coriander and stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour in stock, season well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat , cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, wait for it to cool then blend it in the food processor until almost smooth (so as to keep a little texture)
- Return soup to the pan, stir in the cream and reheat gently, but don't boil.
- Serve straight away with a crusty loaf