Gingerbread Cube Cakes
Member recipe by lizziemonizzie
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Cakes
A great recipe for special ginger but you can also use cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom or anise.
- 175g butter, softened
- 175g dark muscavado sugar
- 250g self raising flour
- 100g gollden syrup
- 1tbsp ground ginger
- 4 medium eggs
- an 18cm x 28cm baking tin
- 350g fondant icing sugar
- stem or crystallised ginger, to decorate
- Pre- heat the oven to 190c/ gas mark 5.
- Put the butter in abowl with the sugar, flour, syrup, ground ginger and eggs. Beat mixture until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the baking tin, lined with baking parchment.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30- 40 mins, or just until firm to ouch in the centre. Remove from the oven and leave it in tin to cool for 10 mins. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar with enough water to give a soft consistencey, then spread over the top of the cake. Cut into cubes and decorate with stem or cyrstallised ginger. Allow the icing to set befor serving.