Risitto with veg.
Member recipe by dippie
Relatively quick and easy.I used peppers,onion,leek and peas.But u can vary veg.
- 2 1/2 -3 L veg stock
- 300g long grain or risitto rice
- 1/2-1 of green,red and yellow peppers
- 1 1/2 large onions
- 1 large(or more if small) leek
- frozen peas
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Serves 4 as a meal or more as a side dish.
- Make veg stock in saucepan,keep on heat so stays warm.
- Put the rice in a large saucepan.With a ladel add some stock,enough to only just over cover it.Cook on med heat.Stir occasionally so doesnt stick,add more stock with ladel as needed.
- De-seed and chop peppers,cook in little oil in frying pan for few mins.Chop onions and add,stir in.Chop leek and add.Also add a little of left over stock and simmer on low-med heat whilst stiring occasionally.
- When veg has softened add to rice pan,stir in and add stock as needed.Add as many/little peas as desired,salt and pepper to season,stir and simmer till rice is ready.Then enjoy.