Chocolate Creme Brulee
Member recipe by julieravey
Not my recipe, but a UKTV offering published in the BBC Good Food Magazine, September 2007 (credit where credit is due). I couldn't find it here, and it is seriously wicked!!!
- 425ml double cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 80g golden caster sugar
- 50g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 150C/ gas mark 2.
- Bring the cream up to the boil over a low heat. Turn off and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the chocolate to the cream and stir with a balloon whisk until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks and half of the sugar. Whisk in the cream and chocolate mixture. Pour into four ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a roasting tin and half fill with hot water. Place a piece of foil loosely over the tin.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes until firm around the edges but still slightly wobbly in the middle.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of the remaining sugar over each ramekin so that it thinly covers the surface of the brulees.
- Use a blowtorch or hot grill to caramelise the sugar. Serve.