Sausage and bean stew
Member recipe by simonl
- Sausages cooked and sliced ( I like to use mattisons smoked sausage)
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic chopped
- 2 Carrots diced
- Swede diced
- Tin of baked beans
- 4 oxo cubes chicken dissolved in 1 pint of water
- Dried herbs ( Italian)
- Corn flour if required.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan then add the onion, cook for about 5 minutes till soft.
- Add the Garlic, carrots and swede and cook for a further 5 minutes till slightly soft.
- Add the sausages, beans, stock and herbs and turn down the heat.
- Give it all a good stir, season then let it simmer for 50 minutes
- Serve with crusty bread or mash potatoe.