Member recipe by Oli Wilson-Nunn
Lovely,healthy comfort food, for a spicy option you can add chillis.
- The Base
- 450ml water
- 1tbsp Oil
- 2tsp Salt
- 2tsp Caster Sugar
- 7g Dried yeast
- 400g Wholemeal strong bread flour
- 350g Plain bread flour
- 1tbsp Dried basil
- 1tbsp Dried oregano
- Tomato Sauce
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tin of tomatoes(260g drained weight)
- 1tbsp Dried Basil
- 1tbsp Dried Oregano
- Handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3tbsp Olive oil, seperated
- 6 Large mushrooms, chopped
- 1tbsp Dried thyme
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- Handful of olives, sliced
- 1tbsp capers
- 1 green chili,finely chopped(optional)
- 1 red chili finely chopped(optional)
- 200g mozzarella finely chopped
- In a bread machine add all of the ingredients, andput on 'dough' setting for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a small saucepan heat up the oil to medium-high, add the onion and saute for 5-6 mins or until tender,after two minutes of cooking the onion add the garlic.Add the tin of tomatoes and turn down to medium-low heat and simmer for 10 mins. Add the dried basil, dried oregano and fresh basil and continue to cook for 5 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220C. For the topping heat 2tbsp of the oil in a saucepan and add mushrooms, cook until tender and add the thyme.
- Put 1tbsp oil in a saucepan and cook the onion until tender.
- Roll out the dough into two different bases and put in oven for 5 minutes.
- Take bases out, spread on tomato sauce and evenly distribute the rest of the toppings, put back into oven and cook until some of the mozzarella has gone golden brown. Serve with salad