Member recipe by marcedvr
- 400 g beef meat, sliced
- 2 cup basmati rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 4-5 fresh tomatoes, finely mashed
- 1 chili
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black
- a good handful of coriander leaf, finely chopped
- vegetable oil
- For the rice I use a rice cooker to boil or put the rice in a pot and add 3 cup of water, season with sea salt and fresly ground black pepper, cover with a lid and boil until all the water was absorbed by rice. Let to rest for 10 minutes.
- Roast corriander, mustard and cumin seeds, then use a pestle mortar to smash them.
- Heat a pan with oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Let to cook until is soft then add mashed tomatoes and coriander, cumin and mustard seeds. Use a blender for that and smash.
- In same pan heat oil and fry for a few minutes beef meat or until is brown. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Add chili, curry, cinnamon and turmeric, fried for a moment then add tomatoes sauce and coconut milk.
- Let to cook for 2 minutes then add red wine vine vinegar and coriander leaf.
- Serve with a good portion of rice and a few watercress leaf.