Member recipe by themaster1305
A light and tastey roll wich is good for a pudding or a party snake
- 2 eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g self raising flour
- strawberrt jam
- put oven on 180c. put shelf near the top of the oven.
- line a swiss rool tin 16 by 28cm, with greaseproof paper. grease the pape4r. sieve the the flour onto a plate .
- whisk the eggs and sugar untill thick. gently fold in the flour using a metal spoon. pour into the tin.
- bake for 8 - 10 mins, untill gloden brown and firm. DO NOT OVERCOOK, or it will break when you try to roll it up.
- while the cake is baking, spread the extra suger over a greasproof paper. place a sharp knife and a palette knife beside the paper. wram the jam, in microwave for 20 secs.
- when the swiss roll is cooked tip it onto the suger paper. peel off the lining paper trim the edges of the swiss roll.
- spread quickly with the warm jam then roll it up, using the paper to help you cool on a wire rack.