Member recipe by ollie123
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Cakes
- 2 Salmon
- 1 Haddock Fillet
- 1 Smoked Haddock Fillet
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 Thinley chopped red pepper
- 7/8 Maris Pipers Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Bowl of Flower
- 4/5 eggs
- 1 Bowl of flour
- 1 Bowl of bread crumbs
- Boil Potatoes in a pan until they go soft then drain water away and add milk and butter to make mash.potatoe. Pre heat oven to 160C/fan gas 4
- Layout your Fish on a baking tray and place in the oven to cook for about 20minutes.
- Remove fish from the oven and put in a mixing bowl with the mash potatoe. Mix this around until the fish breaks up.
- Now squeeze your Lemon and Lime and add your red pepper. Then leave to cool down in the fridge for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once cooled down use a cutter to make the shape of the fish cake and continue this process untill all the mixture has been used up.
- When the fish cakes have been molded then they need to be coated in bread crumbs this is a simple prosses just role the fish cake firstly in flour then in egg then followed by you bread crumbs continue to do this untill all your fish cakes are complete.
- To cook your Fish Cakes place them in a deep fat fryer untill they get a golden colour then put in the oven to finish them off. Don't worry if you don't have a fryer you can always do them in a frying pan then put in the oven. Or just put them Staight in the oven.