Stuffed Chicken with bacon
Member recipe by josswalden
Chicken breast stuffed with either pesto (or grated cheese) wrapped in bacon
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- 4 tsp Pesto (any flavour of your choice, or grated cheese)
- 2 rashes of bacon
- 2 cocktail sticks (to hold the bacon and chicken together when cooking)
- With a sharp knife cut a slit about 4-5cm across the chicken, but dont cut all the way through the chicken, only go half way down. Do this in both chicken pieces.
- Take 2 tsp of the pesto and open the slit and spoon it in. Use 2 tsp in each chicken breast. If using cheese do exactly the same but carefully stuffing the chicken with the cheese.
- Then take one of the rashes of bacon and wrap it around the chicken, where the incision is, making sure the ends of the bacon end up underneath the chicken.
- Using a cocktail stick pierce through the bacon and chicken to hold it all togther. (the filling may ooze out a little bit depending on how much you've stuffed the chicken with) Do this with the other chicken breast.
- Then put on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes on 180-200 degrees (fan oven/electric)
- Take out and serve with any veg, mash potato or spicy cabbage.