Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff
Member recipe by louielove3d
This is a recipe for people who do not have a lot of time on their hands and need a quick and easy recipe.
- Knob of Butter
- tsp Olive Oil
- 500g Beef Frying Steak, cut into chunks
- 250g Diced Onions (I used frozen)
- 500g Mushrooms (I used a combination of frozen and fresh, roughly chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 150ml Double Cream (you can use the traditonal Sour Cream, if wanted)
- half a bottle of Red Wine
- 5 tsp Paprika
- 6 Sage leaves, chopped (can substitute dried if needed)
- 3 tsp Parsley
- Black Pepper
- White Pepper
- tsp Honey
- 3 tsp Arrowroot and splash of milk, used as a thickener if sauce is not thickened enough.
- Add Knob of butter and Olive Oil to a pan. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic cloves and sage and cook until softened.
- Add red wine and paprika and reduce slightly. Add frozen mushrooms now. Add white pepper and salt.
- Add the Beef and cook until browned slightly. Add fresh mushrooms until softened.
- Add parsley, honey and black pepper
- Add Double Cream and bring to the boil slightly. Taste and check if anymore paprika or parlsey is needed.
- Add Arrowroot if needed, only use a little and stir till thickens and add more if needed. Make Sure the liquid is not cooking or boiling. If the sauce becomes too thick add a little extra double cream or water.
- Serve with Boiled Rice, Roast Potatoes, Noodles or Pasta.
- You can use Chicken Breast or Pork instead of Beef, if needed.