Chicken and Red Lentil Curry
Member recipe by littlegreendragon13
Lovely thick and filling curry that's a breeze to make. Also easily doubled and freezes well.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tbsp curry paste (to taste)
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- 175g dried red lentils
- 6 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pan and add the onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes over a gentle heat stirring occasionally until softened. Stir in the garlic, curry paste and cumin and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the remaining oil and the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the stock and lentils, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes stirring occasionally until the lentils are tender and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in the yoghurt and cover, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice.