Orange Chocolate Cheesecake
Member recipe by elaineoconnell
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- 100g dark chocolate digestive biscuits
- 50g melted butter
- 2 x 200g bars of Green and Black's organic Maya Gold (spiced orange) chocolate
- 426ml double cream
- 250g full-fat soft cheese
- 250g mascarpone
- Slug of Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 2 oranges
- A little caster or icing sugar
- Whizz the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs. Pour in the melted butter and whizz again to amalgamate. Grease a 20cm springform baking tin. Press the biscuit mixture down firmly to evenly cover the base. Refrigerate while you make the topping.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces in a bowl. Put it over a pan of barely simmering water until it starts to melt. Take it off and set it aside until it melts completely. You can stir it once or twice to help the process, but be gentle and don't overdo it. Cool slightly.
- Gently beat 2/3 (284ml) of the cream, the cheese and mascarpone in a bowl until well combined. Stir in the melted chocolate. Spoon over the base and refrigerate for at least three hours, preferably overnight. Whip the remaining cream. Stir in the liquor.
- Zest the oranges. Mix the threads of zest with a little sugar. Peel and segment the oranges. Run a knife round the edge of the cheesecake, release the springform tin. Cut thin wedges of cheesecake and serve each one with a blob of cream topped with a few shreds of the candied zest and two or three orange segments on the side.