Blueberry Buckle Cake
Member recipe by willowby
- For the cake
- 260g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1 1/2tsp Ground Ginger
- 60g Butter (slightly softened)
- 160g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 2packs of Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- For the topping
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 50g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Mixed Spice OR Ground Ginger (nutmeg also works well)
- 50g Butter chilled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 375(f) 190(c) fan oven.
- Spray a 9 inch sq glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Ground Ginger.
- In a new mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy approx 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add Egg and beat until well mixed. Add 1/3 of flour mix and beat on low speed then add 1/3 of milk and mix, repeat alternatively until all mixture and milk is combined.
- Stir in Blueberries and pour into prepared dish.
- For the Topping: Put the Sugar, flour, spice and butter into a new bowl and work in with your hands until the mix is a smooth crumble texture.
- Spinkle on the top of your cake mixture and bake for approx 35-45 minutes OR until golden brown and a fork comes out of the mixture cleanly.
- Serve hot or cold with cream or custard.