Member recipe by rosieiscoolforever
- 400g dark belgium chocolate
- 210ml double cream
- 6 eggs separarted
- 50g caster sugar
- 2tbsps brandy
- 2tbsps icing sugar
- 4 amaretti biscuits, crushed
- Firstly, melt the chocolate over a saucepan of boling water. Separate all 6 eggs and mix 4 of the yolks together. Discard the remaining 2 yolks. Keep the 6 whites for later in the recipe.
- Stir in 4-5 tbsps of the melted chocolate to the yolks and mix in well. After mixing, pour the chocolate and yolk mix into the remaining melted chocolate and mix throughly. Whip the cream lightly and add the brandy.
- Carefully fold 1/3 of the whipping cream into the chocolate mix. Then add the chocolate mixture inti the remaining cream. Whisk all 6 egg whites untill they are rough looking. Add the caster sugar and gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Carefully spoon the mousse into bowls and allow to chill for 1 hour.
- Finally sprinkle the mousse with the icing sugar and crushed armaretti biscuits.