Cheesy new potatoes
Member recipe by vegtable
A starchy carbohydrate dish that includes carbohydrate, protein and vegetables. Great for an athlete because it contains lots of energy.
- Sweetcorn (50g)
- Kidney Beans (50g)
- Flour (25g)
- Margarine (25g)
- Milk (250ml)
- Grated cheese (50g)
- Basil (1tsp)
- New potatoes (120g)
- Lettuce (50g)
- Boil the sweetcorn and kidney beans until soft.
- Put flour, margarine and milk into saucepan and stir with hand whisk.
- Bring slowly to the boil, stirring all the time, until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in grated cheese, sweetcorn and kidney beans, season the sauce with basil.
- Arrange the potatoes in a pyramid on a plate and pour on sauce.
- Springle lettuce over the potatoes to finish the dish.