Member recipe by warburt358335
Medium, slow cooked chicken curry, goes well with garlic and corriander nann bread
- 3tbsp vegtable oil
- seeds from 6 cardemon pods, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm cube ginger, grated
- 1 large onion, finley chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 4 green chillies, finley sliced
- 4 boneles skinless chicken breasts, cut into fairly big chunks
- 2 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp gram massala
- 1 tbsp tomatoe puree
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml chicken Stock (cubes)
- 1tsp cornflour
- Bunch fresh corriander roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan and fry the cardemon, garlic, ginger and onions for 5 min.
- mix the chilli powder, curry powder and tomatoe puree with a little water to make a paste, stir the paste into the frying pan with the onions garlic and ginger and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the turmeric and ground cumin to the frying pan followed by the chicken. continue to fry until the chicken is sealed and coated with the spices.
- Transfer to a large pan and add the chopped tomatoes, peppers, chillies, chicken stock, corn flower and gram massala, Season well with salt and black pepper. Simmer on a low heat for approx 2 hours, until the sauce has thickened, add more corn flour if needed. Towards the end off cooking throw in the fresh chopped corriander. Leave to rest for 5 min before serving.