- 250g pack halloumi cheese, thinly sliced
- flesh from 1kg/2lb 4oz chunk watermelon, sliced
Thought to have originated in Africa, watermelons are distinct from musk melons such as…
- 200g pack fine green beans
- small bunch mint, finely shredded
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- juice 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- toasted pitta breads, to serve
Heat grill to high. Lay the cheese on a baking tray in a single layer, then grill for 2 mins on each side until golden. Toss the watermelon, beans and mint together with the lemon juice and olive oil, season well, then layer on plates with the slices of halloumi.
Drizzle with a little more oil if you like, and then serve with warm pittas.