Member recipe by brightnewstar
This is a delicious Greek pasta dish, similar to Moussaka, but without the Aubergine, uses pasta instead.
- 450g (1lb) lean minced beef or quorn
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs
- 600g (1lb 5oz) passata
- 175g (6oz) dried penne
- 25g (1oz) cornflour
- 425 ml (15 fl oz) skimmed milk
- 20g (3/4 oz) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prehead the oven to Gas Mark 6/200c/fan oven 180c. In a lidded non stick saucepan, dry fry the mince for 5 minutes, stirring to break up the meat. Pour in the passata, season, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the pasta for 10 minutes or according to the packet instructions until tender.
- To make a white sauce, blend the cornflour with a little of the milk in a non stick pan to make a smooth paste, then mix in the rest of the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring until thickened, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the meat sauce. Tip into a baking dish and pour the white sauce on top. Scatter with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.