Chicken, Leek & Garlic Soup
Member recipe by janerollinson
Very good chicken soup, especially if you aren't feeling too good. Don't worry about the amount of garlic; roasting gives it a lovely mild flavour.
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 leeks, sliced
- 500g cooked shredded chicken
- 1 litre chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- Drizzle the garlic with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, wrap in foil and roast at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 35 mins until they are soft.
- After 15 mins, add the leeks covering them with foil. After 10 more mins, uncover the leeks and roast for a further 10 mins.
- Allow to cool, then squeeze the garlic into a blender with the leeks and a third of the chicken, and blend with a third of the stock.
- Warm the remaining stock and chicken in a saucepan and then add the blended mixture and stir until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and serve.