Member recipe by littlemisshappy145
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Cookies
This recipe is featured in the August 2008 issue of GoodFood as a reader recipe and is great fun for kids to make!
- 350g/12oz plain flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 250g/9oz butter softened
- 300g/ 10oz caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 X 40g boxes Smarties
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda,baking powder and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl, then set a side.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the sifted dry ingredients to form a stiff dough.
- Roll the fough into 20 balls, then place on ungreased baking drays, spaced well apart.(WARNING: THE COOKIES WILL EXPAND LOTS, DO NOT PUT CLOSE TOGETHER!!! )
- Press several Smarties into each ball, flattening the ball slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes until pale golden brown.
- Leave on trays 2 minutes and remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Will keep in an airtight tin for up to 5 days
- NUTRITION: PER COOKIE : 253 kcalorices, protein 3g, carbohydrate 35g, fat 12g, saturated fat 7g, fibre 1g, sugar 22g, salt o.47g.