Swedes Simple Banana Bread
Member recipe by jswedo
- 200g (7 oz) self raising flour
- 140g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 overripe black bananas, mashed
- A few raisins/dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 20x10cm (8x4 in) loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add egg whites, bananas; stir just until combined. Pour batter into greaseproof papered tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a skewer inserted into centre of loaf comes out clean. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool before slicing