- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 1 medium courgette , cut into small chunks
- 1 medium carrot , cut into small chunks
- 1 medium red onion , cut into wedges
- 85g mushroom , quartered
- handful cherry tomatoes (about 8)
- 2 garlic cloves , peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs , skin on
- 50g couscous
- ½ small pack parsley or mint, roughly chopped
- drizzle sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the vegetables and garlic on a baking tray. Season well, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and mix until everything is coated.
- STEP 2
Sprinkle the spices and some seasoning over the chicken thighs, then rub into the skin and flesh. Drizzle a little oil over the skin and nestle the thighs among the veg. Roast in the oven for 25-30 mins until the vegetables are starting to crisp and the chicken is cooked through.
- STEP 3
About 10 mins before the chicken and vegetables are done, put the couscous in a bowl and just cover with boiling water, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.
- STEP 4
Fork through the couscous to separate the grains. Toss the vegetables and parsley or mint through the couscous, season, then transfer to a serving plate. Top with the chicken and drizzle over the sweet chilli sauce, if you like.