Kidney Bean Kick
Member recipe by rebeccaxxx
A filling pasta sauce with Kidney beans, Tomatoes and Chilli's! Brilliant for when guest's come or just a family meal at home.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 50g bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 can of chpped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil/oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and Pepper (for taste)
- half a chopped carrot
- 50g of kidney beans
- Finely chopped chilli's (about 3-4)
- 120g pasta
- Finely chop the onion. Chop the carrots and cut the bacon using kitchen scissors.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan, after 2 minutes add the onion and after about 5 minutes add the chilli's.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar, seasoning, carrot, kidney beans and the basil/oregano
- Simmer gently, uncovered for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add the pasta shapes to boiling water, Cook for 10-12 minutes untill soft 'al dente'. Drain pasta in colander, rinse with cold water.
- When it bubbles you know it is ready, pour the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with basil.
- Serve with fresh basil ontop and enjoy!