- handful frozen soya beans
Soya beans and soy beans are exactly the same and the names are used interchangeably according…
- 1 skinless cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ¼ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- ½ avocado, flesh scooped out
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- juice ½ lemon, plus a lemon wedge
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 5-6 Little Gem lettuce leaves
- 1 tsp mixed seed
Blanch the soya beans for 3 mins. Rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly. Put the chicken, beans and cucumber in a bowl.
Blitz the avocado, Tabasco, lemon juice and oil in a food processor or with a hand blender. Season, pour into the bowl and mix well to coat.
Spoon the mixture into the lettuce leaves (or serve it alongside them) and sprinkle with the seeds. Chill until lunch, then serve with a lemon wedge.