- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 300g pack cup mushroom, halved
The mushroom is a fungus which comes in a wide range of varieties that belong to two distinct…
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- 500g jar garlic & herb passata
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100g pitted black kalamata olive
- chopped parsley, to serve (optional)
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
- pasta and a salad, or mash and green veg, to serve (optional)
Pasta is the Italian name for Italy's version of a basic foodstuff which is made in many…
Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish and stir-fry the mushrooms until they start to soften. Add the chicken legs and cook briefly on each side to colour them a little.
Pour in the passata, crumble in the stock cube and stir in the olives. Season with black pepper – you shouldn’t need salt. Cover and simmer for 40 mins until the chicken is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with pasta and a salad, or mash and green veg, if you like.