Member recipe by thitherwards
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Pieces
Paan Khand - Dessert Made @Home. Ideal for people who are calorie/ health/ diet freaks :)
- 1.Sugarless Condensed Milk: 250 Ml (If you donÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt get sugarless condensed milk, you may try to prepare it at home ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ you need to have more time and patience.
- 2.Fat Free, High Protein Paneer: 3 Packs
- 3.Milk Powder: 300 Gms
- 4.Coconut Powder: 50 Gms
- 5.Desiccated Coconut
- 6.Paan Extract/ Betel Leaves (4-5)
- 7.Sweetened Fennels
- 8.Used for garnishing: Rock Sugar ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Just a few pieces, Dry Fruits, Saffron etc
- 9.Rose Essence (or anything you like to have)
- 10.Sugar free
- 11.Grated Beet root
- 12.Ghee - DonÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt use more than 2 table spoons in total
- 13.A dash of Salt
- 14.Kova (optional)
- I. To prepare the main peda base:
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Crumble the cottage cheese (paneer) cubes, and keep it aside. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ In a non-stick pan, add quarter spoon of Ghee (optional) and add the crumbled paneer. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Saute until the crumbled paneer turns a little moist. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ At that point, add the sugarless condensed milk (250 Ml) to it and keep stirring until it merges well with paneer to form a thick consistency. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Add a dash of salt in the mixture while stirring. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ In case if it doesnÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt a ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂthickÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ base , add milk powder little by little (not the whole at once) until it forms thick. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You may also add cocunut powder (gives nice flavor). ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Add sugar free at the end (as required) along with few drops of Rose essence. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You may add sugar less, fat free kova (optional). ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Transfer that paste to a plate and let it cool. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Separate one-fourth of this base, flatten it to let it cool faster.
- II. To prepare the paan flavored stuffing:
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ In the same non-stick pan, add 3-4 table spoons of grated beetroot and saute it with one quarter spoon of Ghee. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ When it is semi-cooked, add the separated base with beetroot and saute until it turns red. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Add a few drops of betel leavesÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ juice (or paan extract preferably). Saute until it forms a firm base. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You may add sugar free in case you sweeten it more.
- III. Final touch:
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Make small balls of the red base and the white base (smaller red and larger white) ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Form a cuplet structure with the white peda balls. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Try to stuff the paan flavored balls into the peda white balls and cover the white peda as one in a stuffed paratha. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Roll them once well on your palm to give a neat finishing. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Garnish them with sweet fennels, saffron, dry fruits (whatever you may want to) ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Try to garnish them with things used in a sweet paan. ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Roll the garnished peda on dry desiccated coconut.