Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognese
Member recipe by amirathekitten
- 1 or 2 onions (to taste) sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 500g pack frozen vegemince (or frozen mince)
- One jar of pasta sauce (I usually use a tomato and chilli one)
- One tin of chopped tomatoes
- One tin of sweetcorn (or frozen sweetcorn)
- Mushrooms, chopped
- Salt, pepper and cooking oil
- 100g of spaghetti (or pasta) per person.
- Parmesan or cheddar to top if desired
- Add a small amount of oil to a pan and begin to fry the onions, pepper and garlic.
- After about 3 minutes add the pasta sauce, chopped tomatoes and sweetcorn followed by the vegemince (if you are using meat, add the meat to the first step, you may need a little water, and then move to the second step once it begins to brown).
- Add mushrooms and boil kettle for spaghetti/pasta. If you are using meat you may want to leave a bit more time to ensure your meat is cooked through.
- Cook spaghetti or pasta as desired, I usually cook it for 18 minutes, then drain.
- Share out spaghetti/pasta and sauce. Add parmesan (be aware this is not vegetarian) or cheddar as desired.