Pork & pear heavenly mariage
Member recipe by lorilf
A relatively cheap meal which is a little different with pork loin steaks, pears and peppers.
- 2 pork loin steaks
- 2 conference pears
- 1 romano peppers
- 1 large onion
- Smoked garlic powder
- 1 bottle of organic cider
- 200g Tagliatelle
- Ground nut oil
- Salt, black pepper
- Slice thinly the onion, cut the pepper in chunks and the conference pears in small sections.
- Fry the onion until slightly transparent, then add in the romano peppers and pears. Stir in on a low heat constantly, sprinkling the smoked garlic power, until the pear has some colour and the pepper is soft. Pour in the cider and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook your tagliatelle pasta.
- Separately fry the pork loin steaks until nicely caramelised on both side. Put aside to rest and cover.
- Pour a little of the cider juice into the pork pan to deglaze. Shake the pan to capture all the meat bits from the bottom of the pan. Add in the drained pasta into the pan and stir to coat the pasta.
- Serve a mountain of tagliatelle, the rested pork steaks, topped by the pear/peppers and cider sauce. Grind a little black pepper on top. Enjoy with some fresh cider.