- 2 large pitta bread
- 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced or chopped
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- 4 large tomato, deseeded and chopped
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- ½ bunch spring onions, sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 400g can tuna in water, drained
A member of the mackerel family, tuna are mainly found in the world's warmer oceans. They…
- 3 tbsp French dressing, homemade or bought
Toast the pitta breads. Once cool, tear into large pieces. Mix together the beans, avocado, tomatoes, spring onions and chilli. Flake the tuna on top of the salad, pour over the salad dressing, then add the crisp pieces of pitta. Mix gently and serve straight away.
Make it with your own salad dressing
Mix 3 tbsp olive oil with a squeeze lemon juice, then season to taste.