Member recipe by ryan1107
- 1 Medium Onion, finely diced
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Crushed
- 400g Chopped Tomatos
- 200ml Veg Stock
- 2tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1-2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Large Basil Leaves
- Firstly get the oil on the heat, then dice the onion (it doesn't matter as much if there are large and small bits of onion as it's going to be blended later).
- When the oil is heated up place onion in the oil and turn the heat down to low. Crush the garlic and place in the pan with the onion. When the onion is translucent and add the tomatos.
- Once the tomatos are in give a quick stir and add the veg stock. Next add the mixed herbs and the oregano and then add the paprika, then season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the paprika is in leave for 2 minutes and then add the tomato puree and give the soup a good stir.
- Bring the soup to the boil, and once boil turn down the heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes, stiring occasionally.
- Once it's been simmering for 15-20 minutes, take off the heat. Pour the soup into 2 bowls, and get the basil leaves and place 2 of the leaves on each of the soups for presentation.