Bacon and Egg Salad
Member recipe by missunderstood
- 4 eggs
- 250g rindless smoked bacon
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices thick-cut sourdogh bread, with crusts removed
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 25g Parmsan, freshly grated
- 2 little Gem lettuce
- ground black pepper
- Heat a pan of water until simmering, add the eggs and boil for 6 mins. cool completely under cold water, peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan, then fry the bacon for 5 mins until crisp. Remove from the pan, chop into large pieces and leave to cool.
- Add the tomatoes and bread to the pan and fry for 2 - 3 mins until the bread is crisp and the tomatoes are starting to char. Remove from the heat, chop the bread into bite-sized croutons and set aside.
- To make the dressing, put the mayonnaise in a bowl and squeeze in the lemon juice. Add the Parmesan, mix, then season with pepper.
- Separate the lettuce leaves and put in a large bowl. Add the bacon, tomatoes ad croutons, toss lightly, then divide among four serving plates. Cut the eggs in half and add one egg to each plate. Drizzle the dressing over.