Chickpea & chorizo balls
Member recipe by helenrothwell
- 75g cooked chorizo, cut into chunks
- 1 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 red onion, cut into chucks
- Plain flour, to dust
- 2-3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Blitz the chorizo, onion and chickpeas in a food processor. [Alternatively, chop the chorizo and onion finely and mash the three ingredients with a potato masher.]
- With floured hands, roll the mixture into approximately 12 balls.
- Place onto a floured baking sheet. You can chill in the fridge for up to a day, lightly covered in cling film, until ready to cook.
- EITHER preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and bake, drizzled with oil, for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- OR shallow fry for approximately 7-9 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Serve as a tapa, with some pasta sauce, or use as the protein base of a traybake with roasted vegetables.