Popeye's Fried Chicken
Member recipe by weekcookdown1
This Recipe will be perfect for any family especially for fussy eaters they would love this recipe so give it a go!
- 6 cups of veg. oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 eggs (Beaten)
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 1 frying chicken with skin, cut up
- (If you want that extra crispness then don't be scared to add crushed cornflakes, but the method does not contain cornflakes...)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a deep fryer or in a wide deep pan, on the stove.
- In a large bowl, combine flour,salt, pepper and paprika.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl and beat until blended.
- Check the oil by dropping in a pinch of the flour mixture. If the oil bubbles rapidly around the flour,it is ready.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the eggs, then coat generously with the flour mixture.
- Drop each piece into the hot oil and fry 15 to 25 minutes or until it is a dark golden brown.
- Remove the chicken to paper towels or a rack to drain.
- Leave on the rack to cool for 5-10 mins!
- and your Ready to serve Enjoy!
- You can serve with coleslaw or french fries either way its fine!