Ginger Apple Pancakes
Member recipe by Opies
Ginger Apple Pancakes DESCRIPTION Delicate pancakes flavoured gently with Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup.
- Pancakes: 125g (4 oz) plain flour 2 eggs (beaten) 10ml (2 teaspoons) caster sugar 300ml (1/2 pint) milk
- 25g (1 oz) butter (melted)
- pinch of salt
- Ginger Apple: 15ml (3 teaspoons) finely chopped Opie's stem ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 large cooking apples
- 30ml 3 tablespoons) caster sugar
- cinnamon to taste
- 150ml (5 fl oz) double cream or Greek yogurt
- Peel, core and slice the apples. Place in a microwave dish with sugar and cook on high for approximately 5 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool and carefully mix in the finely chopped ginger and cinnamon to taste.
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the beaten eggs and gradually mix in the milk to obtain a smooth batter. Add the sugar and melted butter to the batter mix and beat well.
- Cook the pancakes in a greased frying pan allowing approximately 15ml (1 tablespoon) of batter for each pancake. Add a spoonful of ginger apple to the centre of each pancake and roll up.
- Place on a dish or plate and serve with double cream or yoghurt garnished with cinnamon.