Member recipe by ruby4342
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Muffins
Gorgeous caramel flavored cupcake which goes down a treat at any event.
- 100g milk/dark chocolate
- 145g butter
- 145g brown sugar
- 80g golden syrup (3 tbsp)
- 155ml milk
- 125g plain flour
- 40g self-raising flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- FOR THE ICING:
- Butter icing:
- 150g butter
- 250g icing sugar
- A drop of food colouring or coco powder
- TO DECORATE:
- Chocolate chips
- Place the butter, chocolate, sugar, syrup, and milk all into a saucepan and let then melt until smooth over a low heat. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the plain flour and self-raising flour into the saucepan with the caramel mixture and stir well.
- Next stir in the beaten egg into the mixture in the saucepan.
- You may have quite a runny mixture. I transfer the mixture into a jug where i pour the cake mixture into paper cake cases. Or you could alternately use a table spoon and transfer equally into the cake cases. Both are just as effective. Then bake the in the oven for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. While they cool you can make the butter icing by creaming together the butter and icing sugar until it is smooth and combined. Combine coco powder with a 2 tbsp of hot water and add to the mixture or add 3 drops of food colouring into the icing.
- Using a piping bag, swirl the icing over the cooled muffins and decorate using chocolate drops or melted caramel swirled over the top.