Coconut and Maple Flapjacks
Member recipe by maggiebleksley
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Squares
Creamed coconut can usually be found in the oriental section of large supermarkets. This and the yogurt give the flapjacks a softer and moister texture than the more traditional variations.
- 100 grams butter
- 50 grams demerara sugar
- 50 grams maple syrup
- 200 grams rolled oats
- 50 grams chopped dried apricots, (optional)
- 4 tablespoons lowfat yogurt
- 1 envelope creamed coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter and creamed coconut in a saucepan, remove from the heat & then add in the remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Spread the mixture into a 18cm shallow square tin. Press down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Place in the oven & cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the oven, mark into 8 fingers or 16 squares & leave to cool in the tin before removing.