Best Blueberry Muffins
Member recipe by anya19
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Muffins
A traditional delicious blueberry muffin recipe all the way from New Zealand
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 100g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries (frozen work well too)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C. Place muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- Put flour in a bowl, add sugar, cinnamon (if using) and baking powder and mix together.
- Melt butter in a pan and add to the dry ingredients along with a beaten egg and milk. Gently stir in the blueberries, don't over mix, the mixture is meant to be lumpy.
- Place equally into muffin cases coming nearlt to the top. Bake on the middle shelf in the oven until risen, golden and springy to the touch.
- Remove from tin and transfer onto a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!