Member recipe by geetasfoods
A delicious rice dish from Northern Indian perfect for a light lunch or supper. Serve with yogurt, raites, chutneys or pickles.
- 350g/12oz Basmati rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 x 250g jar Geetas Kashmiri
- Curry Creation Cooking Paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 100g/4oz unsalted cashews
- Place the rice in a saucepan with the salt, 900ml/ 1pt water and the Kasmiri paste. Bring to the boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 min, stirring occasionally, until the rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
- Whilst rice is cooking, heat oil in a frying pan. Add onion; fry over a moderately high heat for 5 mins until softened.
- Add cashews; cook for 2-3 mins until the nuts and onion are golden.
- Transfer rice to a warmed serving dish. Scatter the onions and cashews over the top. Serve
- Also wonderful when used with GeetaÂs Kerai Bhuna Spice & Stir sauce. Simply stir fry the spice mixture with the rice and a teaspoon of oil first until spices coat the rice. Add water and one jar of Geetas Kashmiri paste. Bring to the boil and then follow the instructions as per Kashmiri Rice.