sunday dinner biriani
Member recipe by jackbraley
- Curry Paste (you can use my homemade or just shop bought)
- Joint Of meat (Chicken or Lamb).
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (whole)
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 pepper (chopped)
- 1 sweet potatoe (chopped)
- basmati rice
- smother your curry paste (keep the jar) over your choice joint of meat and place in the fridge for min 1hour max 24 hours
- pre heat the oven to 150 degrees
- in a large oven tray add all the veg uncooked and tin of tomatoes
- fill the curry paste jar with water shake and pour over veg in the tray add a pint and a half of chicken stock.
- place a grill over the top of the oven tray and place meat on grill ensuring it does not touch the gravy and cover tightly with tin foil
- leave to cook in the oven for 2 hours stiring the gravy ocasionaly.
- after 2 hours pour the rice in the gravy and stir, cook for a further hour or until the rice is cooked
- your meat should be tender and falling of the bone
- serve dish with rice and meat with nan bread
- if you would like more moisture try adding a sauce - mix curry powder and gravy granules together and make like you would a normal gravy.