Member recipe by charlotte1997
The perfect dessert to finish any meal. Tastes even better with strawberries on the side with a little ice cream. Enjoy.
- For the Pastry;
- 125g/4oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 55g/2oz butter, cubed
- 30-45ml/2-3 tbsp cold water
- For the Chocolate;
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 200ml Double Cream
- Put the flour and salt in a large bowl and add the cubes of butter.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until you have a mixture that resembles coarse breadcrumbs with no large lumps of butter remaining. Try to work quickly so that it does not become greasy.
- Using a knife, stir in just enough of the cold water to bind the dough together.
- Shape the dough into an oven proof tart dish, or two 20cm round cake tins. And blind bake for 5 minutes, either using baking beans or something heavy and oven proof to weigh the pastry down to prevent bubbles.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a pan with the cream stirring continuously (careful not to burn the chocolate).
- Once the pastry has been baked, add the melted chocolate and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, leave to cool for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Once cooled, serve either on it's own, or with some delicious strawberries (or fruit of your choice) and ice cream (or some single cream poured over the top). Tuck in & enjoy.