Tasty Tuna Pasta
Member recipe by fatmrsgeorge
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 green chilli- deseeded
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 bayleaf
- 300 ml of stock or red wine or a combo of both.
- enough rigatoni pasta for 2
- 1 tin flageolet beans
- 1 tin tuna in brine/water
- small tub of low fat creme fraiche / quark.
- season to taste
- Fry onion, garlic and chilli in the oil over a low heat until softened. Use a saucepan with a solid base About 5 - 8 mins. You can put a lid on the pot
- Add tomatoes, bayleaf and wine/stock and simmer about 20 mins.
- Meanwhile cook pasta, rinse beans and drain tuna. Drain pasta.
- Add pasta,beans and tuna to the sauce, stir thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Stir in the creme fraiche or quark. Serve with sharp green salad and garlic bread