PANEER ARANCINIS WITH RAITA
Member recipe by acecard
- 1 pouch Tilda British Curry Rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ÃÂ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- Handful coriander, chopped
- A few kalonji seeds
- 2 tbsps. Desiccated coconut
- 2 tsps mango chutney
- 3 tbsps plain flour
- 4 tbsps breadcrumbs
- 25g paneer, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 egg beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Heat the tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan. Add the shallots, garlic, ginger and chillies fry gently until softened.
- Empty half of the curry rice into a large mixing bowl. With the other half either blitz in a food processor or mash with a fork until smooth. Add to the other rice. Add the coriander, kalonji seeds, coconut and mango chutney and mix together well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. Toss the paneer cubes in the chilli powder and some salt
- Remove rice mixture form the fridge and form into balls about the size of a walnut. Press a paneer cube into the centre of each ball and squeeze firmly back into a ball shape Coat each ball in flour, egg and then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a small pan until 180ÃÂ°c or a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds. Fry the arancinis until golden brown about 1 minute. Drain on kitchen paper and serve with the Raita.