Eton Mess Cheesecake
Member recipe by charl91
A creamy vanilla cheesecake topped with fresh strawberry Eton mess!
- For the cheesecake base:
- 70g digestive biscuits
- 30g ginger nut biscuits
- 60g butter
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 60g caster sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 250g marscapone cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- For the Eton mess topping:
- Small punnet of fresh raspberries
- Small punnet of fresh strawberries
- 4 meringue nests (or you can make your own of course!)
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- You will also need:
- A large springform or loose base tin
- Line the tin with the clingfilm across the bottom and up the side.
- Crush all of the biscuits together. Melt the butter and add it to the biscuits, mix well. Cover the bottom of the tin with the mixture and press firmly into the bottom. Place into the fridge until needed.
- Whip the cream until soft peak stage. Beat together the marscapone, caster sugar and vanilla extract. Fold in the cream until mixed thoroughly. Spread on top of the biscuit base and smooth over the top. Place in the fridge to cool for at least 6 hours but I would advise making this the day before to allow optimal cooling time!
- Before serving remove from the fridge and from its tin and place on a plate.
- Blitz the entire punnet of raspberries in a food processor or with a hand blender and then push through a sieve to remove pips. Add the icing sugar to sweeten and mix until dissolved. Slice all of the strawberries and add them to the raspberry puree.
- Crush the meringues into small and medium sized pieces (you want it a bit chunky!) and cover the top of the cheesecake with them. Pour over the strawberries in raspberry puree and enjoy!