Squash and Red Onion Soup
Member recipe by sueinnes
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sized red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 ltrs of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Warm olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add squash, red onion, potato and carrots and cook on a gentle heat for 5 mins turning often.
- Add vegetable stock to saute pan, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 mins with the lid on.
- Season to taste.
- Either use a stick blender or a food processor to blend the ingredients together to form a thick soup.