Picota Cherry Sangria
Member recipe by ashleigh_red
- 24 Picota cherries, pitted
- 4 Peaches, cut into segments
- 2 Unwaxed oranges, juiced and peel removed
- 3 Star anise
- 4 Whole cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 tblspn Brown sugar
- 1 bottle of good quality Spanish red wine
- 100ml Brandy de Jerez
- 100ml Cointreau
- 400ml fizzy lemonade, or to taste
- Begin by mixing together the cherries, peaches, orange juice and peel, spices and sugar.
- Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 12 hours.
- When you are ready, stir in the wine, brandy, Cointreau and lemonade.
- To serve, pour the sangria into a jug along with some ice, and give it a good stir.
- Make sure everyone gets some of the macerated fruit in their glass.