Member recipe by brini1988
These go well with made up curry sauce, sweet and sour sauce, egg fried rice etc. This recipe should give you a good amount to feed about 4 people. Make up the batter for the chicken balls and store in the fridge for an hour or so so that it is nice and cold. You don't have to, but they turn out better if you do
- 100g/4oz SR flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- cold water
- 2 chicken breasts
- Put the self raising flour into bowl. Add a tsp of baking powder. Add seasoning. Mix with cold water - you want to get a smooth double cream consistency - not too runny
- Cut up two chicken breast into chunks (not too big). Dip in flour and then dip in the batter.
- Heat up some oil in a pan, wok or deep fat fryer. It requires a good amount if you are using a pan - you want the balls to be submerged in the oil. Remember to turn the heat down once it gets to the right temperature. And remember to never leave unattended
- Add the coated chicken to the hot oil, a few at a time. You want them to go a nice golden brown colour - will take about 4-6 mins
- Take out and blot on kitchen roll. You can serve these immediately or cool them down and freeze.