Marco's Duck Egg Pasta ravioli
Member recipe by pagambar
Delicious fresh ravioli filled with rich Parma ham, pecorino and mushrooms severed with a light butter sage sauce
- For Plain Pasta:
- 200g Zero zero flour
- 2 Duck eggs
- Pinch salt
- For Green Pasta:
- Replace one duck egg with the same volume of blended baby spinach.
- For the Filling:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 banana shallotÃÂ finelyÃÂ cut, makes about 2 tablespoons
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 thick slices or Parma Ham
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms thinly sliced. ÃÂ I used Chestnut, Oyster andÃÂ chanterelle.
- Salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups grated Pecorino cheese (or Parmesan)
- For the sauce:
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- pinch Nutmeg
- 4 Fresh sage leaves
- Prepare all ingredient before hand. Pasta should be chilling in the fridge.
- Put the olive oil in a shallow pan and heat, add the shallots and cook until soft, about 2 minutes - Don't let it burn.
- Add the mushroom and garlic and cook for another two minutes, finally adding the parma ham and cooking for a further minute.
- Take off the heat and put into a bowl, to prevent further cooking, stir in the Pecorino then leave to chill.
- To make the Ravioli, roll out to thin sheets and cut the desired shape. I used a round cutter and use this as a way of placing the filling in the center. ÃÂ Place a further past disc on top then sealing with water
- Cooking time in boiling salted water only takes minutes, as soon as they float then remove from the water and server with a nice sage butter with a little nutmeg.