Member recipe by cookwithanna
It's been a week since I've last made something sweet and because Sunday was a rainy day and I didn't have a lot to do I thought I'll make a delicious dessert. Looking through the cupboards I realised we have quite a lot of chocolate and since I prefer my chocolate in cakes I've decided to make these incredibly delicious muffins.
- - 250g self raising flour
- - 2tbsp cocoa
- - 2tsp baking powder
- - 175g caster sugar
- - 2 big eggs
- - 100ml oil
- - one chocolate bar
- - 2tsp vanilla flavoring
- Mix the flour with the cocoa, baking powder and caster sugar.
- Add the oil the milk and vanilla then fold it in with a wooden spoon until it forms a soft dough.
- Beat the eggs and mix with the dough until you get a creamy fluffy mixture.
- Crush the chocolate in small pieces or cut them with a knife and add them to the muffin mixture.
- Put the paper cases into the muffin tray and spoon the chocolate mixture into them.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 170ºC (375ºF, gas mark 5) for 20 minutes or until brown and fluffy.
- Leave to cool down for about 5 minutes then place them on a wire rack and leave until cold. You can serve as they are or with a chocolate or icing topping. ENJOY!!!