Black forest cake
Member recipe by kukskitchen
A piece of the soft black forest cake is one that no one can resist. Presented is my take on the classic which gives best results each time.
- 1. Butter - 180 g
- Sugar - 1 3/4cup
- 2. Eggs -3 medium sized
- 3. Plain flour - 1/2 cup
- Baking powder - 3 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Cocoa powder/ drinking choc - 2/3 cup
- 4. Instant coffee powder - 3 tsp
- Red food colour - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- 5. Black cherry conserve or any preserve ( make sure its not too sweet)
- 6. whipped cream - 2 cups
- chocolate shavings - 1/2 cup
- glazed cherries - 8
- Mix (1) together with hand mixer/ planetary mix . Add eggs one by one to this mixing well after each addition.
- Mix (3) well. Add this to the above mixture, red food colour, coffee powder in water and milk all adding half first and then second half till they combine well.
- Remember to only fold while getting the dry and wet ingredients together
- Transfer to 2 cake dishes and bake for 45 mts at 180 degreeC
- Join the two cakes using black cherry conserve
- Ice using whipped cream, choc shavings/cake crumps and cherries.